The Parallax Effect is an application designed by Danstarr13. The Parallax Effect was first published on . The Parallax Effect is available on Steam, Other.THE PARALLAX EFFECTYears following a devastating chemical attack, now termed as The Parallax Effect, has left the remnants of Chimera in abandoned ruins. You'll need to find a way to stay alive...
The Parallax Effect Review
The Parallax Effect is an application created by Danstarr13. The Parallax Effect was first published on . It is available for Steam, Other.
THE PARALLAX EFFECTYears following a devastating chemical attack, now termed as The Parallax Effect, has left the remnants of Chimera in abandoned ruins. You'll need to find a way to stay alive and rebuild your own world...
- Survive against hostile predators such as wild wolves, foxes and bears
- Utilise weaponry you've either found or built
- Learn new skills to help you stay alive longer
- Play the stealth game or go loud and wild with plenty of ammunition
- Build bases, storage and other various devices to assist your survival
THE WORLDThere's still plenty of tasks to do in Chimera, even after The Parallax Effect...
- Source clean drinking fluids and food
- Search buildings and other unique locations for various supplies
- Obtain a light source for conducting night exploration
- Forage crops that have already grown
- Plant your own crops and ensure they're well hydrated
THE THREATSThe Parallax Organisation conducted several illegal experiments upon survivors of the plague in the hopes to develop a cure, unfortunately several of them failed and instead spawned hellish mutants with superhuman abilities...
- Keep a keen eye out for wild life which might behave hostile towards you
- Fight off enemy hunters who roam Chimera trying to score loot for themselves
- Befriend or betray fellow players who are surviving just like you
- Watch out for rogue experiments tracking you down after dark
- Keep starvation and dehydration at bay
- Maintain your immunity to the plague with medicines or risk infection
THE RED SHIELDA small group of survivors have banded together to form The Red Shield rebellion which acts as a shelter for any humans out there wishing to join the rehabilitation efforts of Chimera and supports the banishment of The Parallax Organisation...
- Locate The Red Shield encampment and introduce yourself
- Get to know the NPC's who've joined the rebellion
- Trade goods for cash or other valuables
- Complete tasks of varying difficulty to gain respect and rank up in The Red Shield
- Help reconstruct the remnants of society
THE MILITARYThere was a strong military presence all over Chimera before the plague hit. Several intact vehicles and military installations still exist which are ripe for looting...
- Search for military installations which are still intact and score some valuable gear
- Locate land vehicles including ATV's, Humvee's and APC's
- Locate air vehicles including helicopters and planes
- Locate sea vehicles including boats and rafts
THE FORTConstruction materials are everywhere, from wood to stone to metal. You can build a fortress to suit your needs and stow away your valuables safe from prying eyes...
- Use various tools to obtain wood, stone and metals to construct objects
- Build intricate bases and places to stash your items
- Layout traps for anything trying to sneak in
- Operate generators to provide electricity and use electronic devices you've built
- Board yourself inside existing buildings as a makeshift hideout
- Build light sources to keep things going after dark