Gaia Beyond is an application created by Warp Turtle. Gaia Beyond was first published on . The app is accessible on the following platforms: Steam, Other.Gaia Beyond is a handcrafted 2D Action-RPG, an exploration mix built around the core features fighting, mining and trading.Your decisions are footprints...within a vast non-linear solar system. Fo...
Gaia Beyond Review
Gaia Beyond is an app by Warp Turtle. Gaia Beyond was first published on . It is available on the following platforms: Steam, Other.
Gaia Beyond is a handcrafted 2D Action-RPG, an exploration mix built around the core features fighting, mining and trading.
Your decisions are footprints...
within a vast non-linear solar system. Forge alliances among numerous factions and develop relations with hundreds of NPCs. Focus on trading and personal interaction or embark on science missions – hunt down pirates and collect their bounty. Infiltrate dubious factions and uncover secret plots and dark menaces.
- Explore an immersive and dynamic real-time solar system - two centuries after the devastation of Earth
- Dive into the Caduceus storyline with 10 missions and discover the truth behind the Ganymede Flu
- Enjoy hand-drawn graphics in 4K resolution
- Original soundtrack by Miguel Johnson
- Find and master around 50 individual sidequests
- Choices do matter - beware the consequences! Decide the fate of characters in the world
- Fight pirates, evil bosses, mutants and secret alien ships!
- Mine dozens of raw materials to craft or buy over 50 new spacecrafts
- Upgrade your ship with devices, shields and powerful weapons
- Discover a wide range of ship types, from shuttles to capital ships
- Constant expansion of storylines, sidequests, customizations, ships and features - prepare yourself!
To deliver a seamless and unique experience, we created our own engine - presenting a massive 2D Open World in realtime, with no loading times inbetween. Every part of the universe is alive and active at every moment.
There you are, human.
At the face of a habitable planet way outside the Kuiper Belt, inquiringly gazing at the same stars as the rest of the living species. Everyone? Doesn’t look like we will ever find out.
The past is shadowed by war. Generations of humanity have fought on the edge of survival. First against themselves – until technology started to rise, created to serve their innate greed for dominance. During Earth times, self-inflicted catastrophes kept humanity struggling and finally forced the big departure. And yet, here they are. Split up all over the solar system, living separate realities under various conditions.
Everything is different – and actually nothing ever really changed. A new mindset of unity, awoken by the end of the Machine War, is facing hard times. Beneath the curtain of false peace and hope, bad blood had always remained. Old and new enemies are rising again and humanity will have to face its greatest trial, yet. Will you be part of mankind's downfall or guide the system into a brighter future?
It's in your hands.
And then there's us
We love gaming and we always wanted to realize our own vision of a good game. Back in 2011, this project was started with the motivation to unify the "good old" mechanics that had been around for decades and give them a nice polish with today's visual and technical standards.
It was influenced by games like Fallout 1 + 2, Diablo, Grand Theft Auto, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Escape Velocity, Deus Ex & Co. Creating a game only half as good as those titles is a real challenge, but we will make the best effort to create something you'd enjoy!